Apr 19 , 2021
While trends come and go, here are 10 wardrobe essentials that will last a lifetime. It’s all about doing the most with what we have and helping you bring your outfits together from start to finish without having to spend a single second worrying about what to wear.
A Little Black Dress
There’s no doubt that every girl must have her LBD, even if it is just hanging in her wardrobe not being worn… there will always come a time where that little black dress will save your butt, knee-length or mid-thigh. Doesn’t matter.
- LBD plus pumps, pearls, and a cardigan or blazer make a perfect business casual look.
- For a sassy date night, wear your LBD with a sexy pair of stilettos, a bun, and a chain necklace.
- Layer your LBD over a white button-down shirt for a formal but sleek look.
A White Dress Shirt
If you will be going to work, going for interviews, or even just looking elegant for a nice dinner, a white dress shirt should be your new best friend. Although we don’t want to spend too much cash on a plain white shirt, we want it to last and hold its shape through many piles of washing, and not even be the slightest bit translucent.
- Pair your shirt with a pencil skirt and a blazer, with tan-colored trousers or with black dress pants, or as mentioned before, under your LBD. Finish with a statement necklace and simple pumps or ankle boots. There are endless combinations!!
- For a daily casual look, wear the white button-down shirt with a pair of boyfriend jeans and Converse All-Stars or Vans.
A Tan Trench Coat
Trench Coats can be thrown on over any outfit without ruining it.
- Is there anything chicer, and demure than a trench coat worn with red lipstick, a trusty LBD, pumps, and a simple bun or ponytail? This look is perfect for dates, dinners, work, or even just adding a bit of appeal to day-to-day tasks like going shopping or to the bank!
- On a rainy day, leave that raincoat and baggy pants at home. Instead, rock a pair of skinny jeans, a plain long sleeve t-shirt with a trench coat, and an eye-catching pair of boots. Add a lightweight scarf around your neck for bonus points.
Yes, I said sneakers. They’ve been a classic style staple in the past and show no signs of going away. Once you get a pair of all-white sneakers, you’ll wonder why you didn’t buy them sooner. You want these shoes to compliment and blend with any outfit.
- Skinny jeans and sneakers are a present-day uniform.
- Pair a solid-colored dress with a denim jacket, and white sneakers for an easy and stylish look.
Black or White Jeans
Although boyfriend and mom-style jeans are more modern, it’s still important to have a pair of classic black or white jeans in your closet. These can be skinny fit, cut, flared, or boot cut, anything — just make sure they’re basic. These jeans always come back into style and are great for basic dinners, casual days at work, or even just pairing with a t-shirt.
- Plain white jeans will look fantastic with a black blazer, plain neutral colored t-shirt, and a basic scarf around your neck.
- Wear straight-cut jeans with a bodysuit, a cardigan tied around your shoulders, and some loafers for an Instagram-ready outfit.
A couple pairs of Leggings
Leggings have become very common in the world of fashion. Whether they're yoga leggings or fashion leggings. These pants are a must-have.
- For a daily classy look, pair a buttoned-down white shirt and a pair of plain black leggings finishing off with all-white sneakers or an oatmeal-colored cashmere jumper and ballet flats.
- If you’re a sporty person, then leggings the only thing to wear with a crop top or sports bra and running sneakers.
In the past, denim jackets were associated with middle schoolers and cowboys, but now they have a place in a modern fashion girl’s wardrobe! In fact, they’re a must if you want to get that classic style.
Denim jackets are the clothing version of a bowl of plain pasta — a blank canvas that you can pair with literally anything!
- A denim jacket is the perfect pairing for your little black dress. Add some white sneakers and a slouchy clutch bag for a casual dinner out.
- Rock one over your favorite white jeans and a v-neck tee, then add sandals and a simple piece of jewelry for the perfect late spring/early summer outfit.
A Wool Coat
Any person who lives in colder regions knows that a good wool coat is an absolute blessing during the winter, the same way that it is a must-have for any woman with a classic style. There are many different fits, sizes, textures, fabrics, etc.
- Find a coat long enough to cover your dress from the back, and pair it with ankle boots. They will look amazing over a winter cocktail dress and tights.
- You don’t have to stick to plain black or brown coats. If you love colors then go for the coat that speaks to you!
There you have it!! A 2021 guide to the basic things you need in your cupboard without breaking the bank with some ideas on how to wear them.